Wind back the clock three decades, and the concept of online casino was just a pipedream. However, nowadays online casino accounts for over 75% of all global gambling activity, encompassing everything from online slots to live-dealer table games. It is a remarkable evolution, but we all need to be careful to play at genuinely legit online casinos.
What do we mean by legit online casino? Well, a legit online casino will be a site that is licensed and regulated by at least one regulatory body, has legal partnerships with online gambling software providers, and, most importantly, protects its customers from the dangers of online gambling while offering licensed uk slots.
In other words, a legit online casino obeys by the rules. But not only this: a legit online casino will also have an exceptional selection of games to choose from several high-profile online gambling software providers.
If you are looking for an example of a legit online casino straight off the bat, look no further than Mega Reel. The selection of games is incredible, and new customers can receive 500 free spins on selected slots by depositing £10 or more, thereby activating the Mega Reel welcome offer (Full Ts & Cs Apply). However, before you do so, keep reading for an exploration into what is the most legit online casino.
The importance of safe gambling online
Are you aware of the importance of safe gambling online? Everyone should be to some extent, but it is critical to realise quite how serious this is. The online gambling world is huge these days, which results in an enormous amount of fun, but also gives ample opportunities for criminals to take advantage.
If you are not taking care to gamble online safely at legit casinos, you run the risk of financial fraud, unpaid winnings and even identity theft. So, safe gambling online is important, and the best way to ensure you are adhering to this is through playing at legit online casinos.
What makes an online casino legit?
There are many different things that make an online casino legit, and it is crucial to know what they are. Legit real money and free casino games websites, such as Mega Reel, will all fulfil the criteria listed below:
- Licensed and regulated: All legit online casinos will be licensed and regulated by a regulatory body like the UK Gambling Commission. These organisations are vital for policing the online gambling sphere and will never license a dodgy online casino site. Later in this article, we will explore a few of the biggest online gambling regulatory bodies.
- Adherence to online gambling law: For an online casino to be legit, it will also adhere completely to online gambling law. This means going along with maximum wagering limits, jackpot-based laws and also age verification on sign-up.
- Official catalogue of games: An official catalogue of casino games is also an important part of what makes an online casino legit. Legit online casinos will have a catalogue of games from the likes of NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Microgaming and Playtech. If you don’t recognise any of the online gambling software providers at an online casino, chances are it isn’t legit.
- Secure and accessible site design: Legit online casinos will have a secure site design to keep their customer’s sensitive data safe. This is usually done through the use of an SSL certificate that can be confirmed via the small padlock in your search bar. Furthermore, legit online casinos will need to be accessible. If the site design is muddled and difficult to use, you are not at a legit online casino.
- Mobile compatibility: Nowadays, mobile gambling is the most popular way to play casino games online, so legit online casinos must have mobile compatibility. Can’t play at an online casino on your smartphone? Unless it is a dedicated desktop online casino, it isn’t legit.
- Various deposit options: Every legit online casino will have a healthy number of deposit options for their customers. These can include VISA, PayPal, PaySafeCard, Neteller, Skrill and many more.
Why is it important to play at legit online casinos?
Before we get into a few examples of the most legit online casinos, it is worth asking why it is important to play at legit online casinos like Mega Reel. It should be clear by now, but if you are struggling, here are a few reasons:
- Data security: As we mentioned before, legit online casinos will have a very secure framework in place to protect its customer’s personal data. This is crucial, because without a secure database your personal banking details could easily be compromised by hackers and criminals.
- Enjoyment: Sure, legit online casinos are important for customer safety, but they are even more important to customer enjoyment. A legit online casino will have an exciting catalogue of games, for example, and the user experience will just generally be much better.
- Winnings: Can you imagine going to withdraw your hard-earned online casino winnings only to find that you cannot? Whilst this would never happen at a legit online casino, it has been known to occur at dodgy sites.
- Criminality: Another thing about legit online casinos is that customers know their money is going into the hands of an actual legal company. If you are depositing at a dodgy online casino site, there is every chance you are directly funding criminal activity.
Most legit UK online casinos
Luckily for online gamblers in 2021, there are numerous legit online casinos to choose from. However, what you want to be doing is playing at the best. Look below for the most legit online casinos:
Perhaps the most legit online casino around, Mega Reel has been delivering a quality service to its customers for quite some time. In partnership with BeGambleAware.org, as well as being licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and Alderney Gambling Control Commission, the site is incredibly legitimate. Moreover, the site design is verified and secured by Godadov.
Mega Reel also has an epic catalogue of online slots, an enticing welcome offer and an incredibly easy registration process. Here it is:
- Customers must first fill in their personal details to generate their Mega Reel user profile.
- Next, customers need to verify their email addresses. This can be done using the link found in your inbox.
- First-time players who deposit £10 or more will receive the Mega Reel welcome bonus. This can result in 500 free spins on selected slots (Full Ts & Cs Apply).
As you can see, Mega Reel is a legit online casino and one with several enticing traits. What are you waiting for? Click the ‘Play Now’ button to get started. Read on for a few more of the most legit online casinos:
- Wizard Slots
- Slots Baby
- Easy Slots
- Barbados Bingo
- Star Slots
- Thor Slots
- Bonanza Slots
How can I tell if an online casino is legit?
It is all very well being told what the most legit online casinos are, but you also need to know how to tell for yourself. Check the handy table below for a bit of clarification into what makes an online casino legit.
|Legit online casino||Dodgy online casino|
|Conducts ID checks on new customers to comply with online gambling regulations.||It will let you register with no ID or any check on your age.|
|Will have various payment options available, all safeguarded by a reliable and secure payments system.||Won’t have many official payment options and any secure payment system marker.|
|Check the user reviews of online casinos at online casino review sites. Legit online casinos will have favourable reviews.||You can spot dodgy online casinos from a mile away if you check the reviews. Blacklisted casinos are a no go.|
|Pays all winnings quickly without the customer having to chase.||Takes a very long time to pay out winnings, if ever.|
|Will have welcome bonuses such as the Mega Reel £10 minimum deposit welcome offer. These will have realistic wagering requirements, and in this example, 500 free spins on selected slots (Full Ts & Cs Apply).||Dodgy online casinos can have what looks like massive welcome bonuses. However, if you check through the wagering requirements you will see that there is no chance you will be able to ever withdraw any winnings.|
Legit online casino regulatory bodies around the world
Legit online casinos will need to be licensed by one of the below regulatory bodies. It is, therefore, a good idea to learn a little about the organisations below:
UK Gambling Commission
The UK Gambling Commission oversees all gambling activity in the UK and was established in 2004 as a by-product of The Gambling Act 2004. The organisation is indispensable to the safety of gamblers across the world, largely because of its reputation not just in the UK, but elsewhere too.
Malta Gaming Authority
Formed in 2001, the Malta Gaming Authority regulates and control gambling activity across Malta, safeguarding it from organised crime and illegitimate online casino practise. The Malta Gaming Authority has been central to the growth of online gambling on the island, with the industry now generating almost a quarter of the country’s GDP.
Gambling Supervision Commission (Isle of Man)
The Isle of Man’s position as a tax-friendly jurisdiction means that it is an incredibly appealing place for online casino operators. As a result, the Gambling Supervision Commission is very important in the Isle of Man. Without it there would be countless organisations able to do what they want without regulation.
NEW PLAYERS ONLY, MIN DEPOSIT £10, £8 MAX WIN PER 10 SPINS, MAX BONUS EQUAL TO LIFETIME DEPOSITS (UP TO £250), 65X WAGERING REQUIREMENTS AND FULL T&CS APPLY.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.