Although live roulette may seem intimidating and complicated at first glance, it's rather easy to understand once you learn a few of the basic rules. It's actually the easiest live casino games to play today.
Live roulette has a straightforward setup and bets and odds which are easy to understand. If you need a little help in mastering live roulette then take a look at our simple guide featuring all of the strategies you need as well as helpful tips.
Why play live roulette?
If you can't get to an slots casino but like playing against other people then live roulette may be the best option for you. It really is the best of both worlds! As you're in the comfort of your own home, you can easily keep track of what's going on while you play without the distraction of flashing lights and pinging slots.
If you're wary of live casino games you don't need to be. All reputable live dealer casinos have a TV in the background which streams a news channel showing authenticity and that it's not pre-recorded. The social aspect of live roulette is great and makes it feel more like you're at the casino. You can chat to other dealers via the live chat.
How will the game begin?
Once you have placed your bet on a chosen number and colour, the game will begin. The dealer will then spin the wheel and roll a small ball on the inside of the wheel in the opposite direction. When the wheel naturally stops the ball will land in one of the slots of the wheel to reveal the winning number.
How to play live roulette: Inside bets
If you're a risk taker then you may use inside bets. The reason it's a risk is due to the fact that the chances of a win are fairly small. However, winning with inside bets creates bigger wins. Inner bets between 0 and 36 are placed on the inner field of the table. Let's take a look at the 5 types of inside bets:
- A straight bet is made on a single number by placing a chip on top of the box that has the same number.
- This is where you will bet on 2 neighbouring numbers by placing a chip in the middle of the 2 boxes.
- Street of three line. This is a bet on a horizontal line of 3 numbers. Place the chip on the far left of the line.
- A corner is a bet on 4 numbers that make a square. This is done by putting a chip in the middle of the square.
- Six Line. This is where you bet on 6 adjacent numbers all at once.
How to play live roulette: Outside bets
Outside bets are more common. These bets are placed on the boxes around the inner field between 1 and 36. Here are the 5 types of outside bets:
- Column bet. A column bet is a bet on 1 of 3 vertical rows. Here you place the chip in the box on the bottom row. You'll then bet with 10 numbers.
- Dozen Bet. Here you will bet on 12 numbers in 3 back-to-back rows. Place a chip in either the 1st 12, 2nd 12 or 3rd 12.
- High or low bets. This one is pretty simple. Either bet on the high numbers (19-36) or the low numbers (1-18).
- Red or Black - Another easy one! Simply bet on red or black rather than a number.
- Odd or even - Bet on odd or even numbers.
As you see, outside bets are a lot easier to understand and are a great place to start if you're new to the roulette or live casino world. Straight up bets offer the highest payouts with odds at 37:1 whereas all outside bets are either 2:1 or 1:1.